Schools are under enormous pressure to deliver the curriculum and meet other educational and emotional needs of their pupils. We can contribute to your school's development plan by providing a professional, friendly service to assist you with employment matters and help you to avoid issues that can arise in an employment relationship.
So that you know what you can expect from us, we have set out below our service standards.
These standards are effective from 1 April 2006. If there is anything you are uncertain about in relation to these, please contact the Operational Services Manager or Personnel Team Manager based at Kings Hill or Brook House.
- Where Schools' Personnel Service have received full and correct instructions for a new starter, leaver or for a variation to pay by 10am on the 25th of the month preceding the month in which the change is to occur, we guarantee to make the appropriate notification to payroll before the payroll deadline.
- Where a School is unable to get their complete instructions to Schools' Personnel Service on or before 10am on the 25th, the payroll provider may require additional paperwork to be produced in order to issue a cheque or to recover an overpayment at the Schools' request. Before we process any additional paperwork, we guarantee to first seek your agreement to any additional charge we may need to make for this work.
- We guarantee that Schools' Personnel Service will not instruct the payroll provider to make any payments from the school's budget unless written authorisation has been received from the approved signatory.
- Work undertaken on behalf of the School and information provided to the School under their contract with Schools' Personnel Service is intended for use only by that school and its employees. Information provided to the School and its employees will be provided in good faith and, to the best of Schools' Personnel Service knowledge, will be accurate at the time the information is issued.
- Schools' Personnel Service undertakes to advise you where any instruction you have sent us is clearly contrary to legislative requirements or good practice or could result in an 'ultra vires' payment being made. We guarantee that no further action will then be taken in relation to the original instruction until your new written instructions or written confirmation of previous instructions are received.
- We guarantee that we will issue a new employee's Statement of written particulars within the statutory time limit of 8 weeks of commencement of employment, where the School's full written instructions have been received by the Schools' Personnel Service within 2 weeks of the commencement of employment date.
SPS Complaints Procedure
Schools’ Personnel Service endeavors to make its service the best that it can be
at all times. We also know that sometimes you will want to let us know that you
are not happy about something that we have done – or not done. We hope that we
can sort these problems out with you to your satisfaction but accept that on
occasions this will not be possible. For this reason, there is a complaints
procedure which gives you the chance to tell us when you think something has
gone wrong and offers you the assurances that your complaint will be taken
seriously. Often you will be able to resolve problems face to face, or by
telephone but if you feel that this is not possible then you can put your
complaint in writing and send it to the Manager – Schools’ Personnel
If you are writing, it would be appreciated if you could cover the following points:
- What you complaint is about
- The brief history of the complaint from your point of view
- Your view on what should happen next
- The names of any staff involved
When a complaint is receive the Schools' Personnel Service will:
- Try to put it right
- Respond to your correspondance within five working days
we are not able to meet that deadline, perhaps if a response requires further
investigation, we will agree a timescale with you if we cannot resolve your
query within the five working days.
all instances your complaint will be looked into by a senior member of staff and
that person will contact you. We will also ensure that lessons are learned from
what happened and work to prevent it happening again.